Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Fall is Here

 Canada is getting ready for winter as Fall arrived on September the 21st. Our pet squirrels (we have three, a brown, a grey, and a black) have started to horde and stash the nuts we give them each morning. They are pretty tame and eat out of Jaidan's hand. As the weather is turning cooler they are asking for more because they have to stash enough nuts to get through the winter. They eat well as we feed them cashews and almonds.

Jaidan is back and school and he still likes that I walk to school with him and walk back with him after school. I don't mind as it helps me to get my 10,000 steps in.

The basketball team I coach, which is U19 boys has been selected and our first practice is September 30th and I am looking forward to it. Most of the boys are new to the team and seem pretty keen on being a part of it. It should be a good year.

I had my preoperative briefing at the hospital yesterday and it went well. My hernia operation is next Thursday, the 3rd of October and seems pretty routine as my hernia is fairly small. The operation last about an hour with a recovery of 2-3 hours and then I get to go home.  Apparently and can get back to my routines the next day.

Thavorn is still enjoying not working. She is not bored as long as she gets to go shopping once a week. Shopping is fun with her as she is easy to shop for being XS/Small and looks good in most everything much like Aly. I am assuming Aly has managed to stay slim and in good shape.

I still amuse myself by programming microcontrollers and building RC cars. I would rather be bar hopping in Bangkok or Pattaya but that is not an option at this moment although Thavorn said I could visit Thailand by myself for a couple of weeks if I get really bored. That makes it much more cost effective as it is only one ticket and I can fly through the states.

My friend John is back in Thailand full time now and is enjoying it. Much more to do and much less expensive than Canada for eating/drinking out. The night life in Canada really sucks for older folks who want to have fun.

Both of my sisters are waiting on operations as well and have wait time longer than a year. Canada has let way too many students/immigrants/refugees in during the past 5 years and it has overloaded our health care system. You have to wonder why politicians can look farther than their nose and do simple math. Of course as boomers age they need more health care as well.

I miss being in Malaysia where I could simply pay for whatever health care I needed and it was timely and way less expensive. Thailand is similar but harder to figure out.




Thavorn turned 38 on the 24th of September and of course, I gained (lost) another year.

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment