Friday, August 16, 2024

Summer Time

 It has been a great summer with beautiful blue skies and warm temperatures with just enough rain. I get a real kick out of our weather warnings stating that the high today will be 30 degrees. I guess they have never lived in Malaysia or Thailand.

On a health note, I feel great and hope to start running again after my hernia surgery on October 3rd. I have maintained my weight loss and get lots of compliments on how I do not look my age. I will be 74 in September but really feel nor look different than when I was 63 when I met Thavorn. Thavorn agrees but still enjoys calling me farang toew (spelling is probably wrong).

Jaidan just turned 10 and is growing like a weed and will probably be as tall as Thavorn (5'7") by Christmas. We would love to visit Thailand soon but I doubt anything will happen before the summer of 2025. I can't really complain as we were in Thailand twice during the last 12 months.

John and Fon have been living with us for the summer months but they are both looking forward to being back in Thailand. In Thailand, everyday can be an adventure and does not have to cost much money. Whereas in Canada, leaving the house will easily cost you $50 and lots more if you want to do something like have some chicken wings and some beer or perhaps listen to music.

I continue with my pursuit to learn something new everyday and that usually involves experimenting with microcontrollers. BTW, some of the best microcontroller boards come from Malaysia in Penang. Differently world class stuff. The company is Cytron Manufacturing.

My 2 sisters are starting to run into health problems but unfortunately that comes with age. I feel blessed to have all my original parts.

The next time I am in S.E. Asia I plan to visit some of the countries I have not been to for 10 years. That would include Malaysia and Vietnam as well as the Philippines which I have never visited.

Let me see if I have any pics:





Jaidan's friends are all asians. There are many Asians where we live, but unfortunately no Thais that we are aware of. Mostly Filipinos and Chinese and his best buddy is Vietnamese.

We bought an eScooter and it is a blast. We all ride it, but defer to Jaidan who really enjoys being mobile. I miss motorcycles but c'est la vie, maybe when I move to Thailand fulltime.

Jaidan will be starting in grade 5 this year and is a very good student. We will have to make a decision at the end of grade 6 whether to stay in Canada of move to Thailand and enrol Jaidan in an international school. The next decision point will be the end of grade for the same reason. Tough decisions but it is nice to have options.

That's it for now,
TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment