Sunday, January 7, 2024

Same Same

 Bangkok has not changed much since I was here in August except there are more tourists and the bars are packed. There are many more asians travelling other than Chinese. There seems to be many punters around bar fining the pretty ladies long time and are walking around in the morning with them, smiling from ear to ear. Apparently the GF experience is not dead and many farangs are on the line.  They, however, are smiling so it is all good.

There are many more Indian families around as well as farang families.

Thavorn headed off to Phuket this moring to visit family. I had stressed we had to be out of the room by 6 am and we did not make it until 6:20 and Thavorn missed her flight due to the Bangkok morning traffic. We had to buy a one way ticket for 5,500 baht to replace it. Lesson learned, I hope.

While we were waiting for Thavorn's call to state she was at her gate I viewed an older farang couple going at each other, arguing about who knows what. Life is too short. Move on, but realize you will be poorer but perhaps happier.

I managed to chip a tooth yesterday and when I tried to eat some pizza it hurt! Sunday evening at 6 pm, what to do? Well, look up my old Thai dentist from 5 or 6 years ago and lo and behold, his clinic was open on a Sunday until 8 pm. I walked over in about 15 mins and the receptionist was able to pull up my file and the dentist was able to fit me in. Try that in Canada! Did I mention my treatment was way cheaper and I can claim back in Canada. I decided to book a cleaning on Wednesday.

So Jaidan and I are bachelors for the next couple of weeks until Thavorn returns from Phuket. Lots of swimming, lots of KFC, and some school work for what he is missong back in the great white North.

John arrives on Thursday and the 3 kings, James, John, and Arthur will head out this Saturday for a walk on the Wild Side. S/B fun :-)

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment