Thursday, January 4, 2024

Land of Smiles - City of Angels

 Our trip from Ottawa was one of the fastest ever, once we got underway. Our flight to Montreal was delayed by Air Canada which ended up shrinking our connection times from Montreal to Tokyo and Tokyo to Bangkok. Total airtime was under 22 hours.

We booked into an airport hotel for one night arriving by 1 am and leaving the same day at 11:30 am. We are staying at the Park Plaza for the first time and its location on Soi 18 makes everything walkable. However we spent the first 2 days recovering from jet lag.

On the 3rd night I met my friend Arthur for a night out at Soi Cowboy and then some pool on Soi 7 at the new bar complex. I was rusty at pool and lost my first game and then won the next two and decided to quit while I wa ahead. I did not relish getting beat by the 20 something lovely.

Cowboy seems to have gone downhill IMHO with more weed shops and a food and drink bar, of the StumbleInn chain. The best bars were Crazyhouse and Shark Bar. Shark Bar rules and The Dollhouse now sucks. Go figure.

I walked back to the hotel and was in the room by 11:30. I kept my alcohol intake down to about 4 beers due to easing my kidney back into my lifestyle in Bangkok.

Tonight we will visit Thavorn's old bar boss to catch up over a few beers.

Jaidan is swimming in the pool and pigging out on KFC's spicy chicken wings.

Not bad for a start and when you are here for 30 days you have to pace yourself, unlike the 2 week millionaires passing through.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment