Monday, January 10, 2022

Same Same

 Today's song is: Changing Times ... Aretha

When I first moved to Malaysia to teach overseas, a phrase I heard often was same same, which transates into nothing different happening. That pretty well describes my life at this moment in space and time.

Thavorn and Jaidan are pretty much over their bout of Omicron. They both managed to sleep 24 hours straight over the weekend. I now have the sniffles and a very minor tickle in my throat but I seem to be fighting it off. Thavorn and Jaidan are now in their 5th day and Jaidan is online with his class. Thavorn will go back to work tomorrow.

Needless to say I did not do much other than program and surf the net. Yesterday the power went out for about 10 hours. I have an excellent UPS that enables my internet to stay up.

Omicron is sweeping Ontario and I suspect it will lead to herd immunity down the road.

My expat friend John, in Bangkok, is moving back to Canada with his wife Fon in June. They are really excited about it and we are excited to have them back in Canada.  Time for a trip to the Prescott and Broadways.

Thavorn mentioned that she would like to visit Thailand and see her family during 2023. Hopefully we will be able to make that happen.

Other than that, not much to talk about.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment