Friday, March 5, 2021

Beautiful Music

 Today's songs are: New Orleans is Sinking ... Left The House ... Tragically Hip

...


Music can help you survive the lock downs. I especially like listening to the Hip, probably the greatest Canadian band that is mostly unknown outside of Canada. This article, brilliantly written somes it all up.

CBC.ca: As an immigrant, I wanted to understand Canada's fascination with the Tragically Hip. This is what I found.


Thavorn remains a joy and keeps me uplifted and smiling. We both miss 'Hillary 2 Bar' in Bangkok and hope it survives the pandemic. It will be one of my first stops in Bangkok when I return. It is my Cheers, 'Where Everyone Knows Your Name', however I suspect I will have been somewhat forgotten.

I was in Thailand for the Hip's last Canadian tour and I just 'Watched Long Time Running', the documentary on the that tour. What struck me was the country wide love for the group and their music. What else struck me is what covid19 has taken away from us. The ability to get together to celebrate something in common whether it be a 'Woodstock' or a love of music.

However, if you have not watched the documentary do so now:


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment