Saturday, August 11, 2018

Times .. They are a Changing

Today's song is: Times .. They are a Changing  ..  Dylan, by Springsteen


I no longer hear the crowing of roosters in downtown Bangkok. It was not all that uncommon 5 years ago. Yes, the motorcycle taxis drivers still have a screened in hutch where they raise chicks to be hens but it is not the same.

I also miss the baying of dogs around midnight. Not sure why that has disappeared.

In 2011 I saw a monitor lizard cross Soi 22 and was astonished by the size of it. It was being pursued by a group of Thais that seemed intent on a confrontation. I was happy to see it disappear into an alley. That was the only time I saw one of those lizards. No snakes, but plenty of rats and some cockroaches although much fewer than Malaysia.

Here is a pick of a monitor lizard:


Bangkok used to be known as the Venice of S.E. Asia, before they built the roads over the canals. You can still take a long boat and explore the interior canals.

I point I am making is that Bangkok, downtown, is a changing. I hope things may be a little different outside the city center. Perhaps a warp back in time.

Thavorn and Jaidan moved back to the village and today is Mother's Day and Thavorn gifted her mother with our 55 inch 4K smart LG TV.  It would cost too much to take it to Canada so Thavorn's family will be delighted to get it. Half of our apartment 'stuff' went with Thavorn to the village.

The other half moves with me to our new apartment out near the airport on Monday. Today, I am cleaning up and finishing the packing. At 2 pm I will meet my buddy John to play some pool and enjoy a few beers.

Life is simple, but life is good, but times, they are a changing  ...

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment