Monday, August 13, 2018

First Night in Big Tree

Today's song is: Home  .. Buble


I spent my first night in my new residence last night and it was great. The new apartment is a very large studio with a very modern bathroom and a great king size bed with a real mattress and a duvet and soft pillows to sleep with.  The bed and amenities at charming were not great!

It is also much quieter and Shaun mentioned that I would hear a rooster but I did not. Maybe slept too well.  I now have access to a gym as well as a pool but the gym at the school is nicer so I will use that.

There are many places to eat within 200 meters, a 7/11, a Thai pharmacy, etc.  All the comforts of Bangkok, minus the fancy restaurants, hotels, and bars, but they are 30 mins away by taxis.

Pattaya and the airport are closer so it is a trade off. However I think Don Muang and the government complex are farther .. ouch.

There was some confusion with the driver yesterday. At first, it was 10 am, then 4 pm and lo and behold, he arrived at 10 am and I was not ready so some things got left behind and I will pick up on Friday night which is Harvey's last bar night in Bangkok before returning to merry old (boring) England, London, to be specific.

So, 6 months and we are off to Canada  .. time to start a countdown of some sort.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment