Thursday, March 29, 2018

Minix and Marriage

Today's song is: With a Little help from my Friends  .. Woodstock 69


A few posts ago I mentioned I had purchased a Mix Android TV IPTV device and I am quite happy with it except for 1 problem. Jaidan watched me manipulate the remote control for a few days and then one morning got up and started using the device to watch children's shows from the US, watch YouTube videos, and download and play some of his games.

I already knew that he had mastered my smart phone but I thought he would have trouble adjusting to what amount to a wireless keyboard and a wireless 3D mouse that works on a 3D gyro in space.  He is actually better at it than me.  Now, I am not sure if the technology is that easy to use or if Jaidan is just really smart. I guess I will discover that over time.

I, myself, am enjoying watching Canadian news channels rather than CNN and Fox news, although I still watch them as I find their alternate views amusing at time. I am also watch March madness and enjoying it. The device is actually saving me quite a bit of money a I stay home more often, rather than going out to a bar to catch sports online.

However, I am spoiled with my internet speeds of 200 mbs down and 100 mbs up, with no cap, all for 1200 baht or about $50 at today's rate which is:


My buddy John traveled to Fon's village and got married Thai style. Friends came from as far as Tokyo to attend and it was lots of fun. The village was located 2 hours out of Udon Thani so all the farangs flew into Udon Thani International airport and were transported by a 12 passenger van provided by John. Some pics:


The out of town visitors


Jaidan is somewhere  .. Arthur just to the left





Parading through the streets of the village

We are getting close to Songkran and Thavorn will soon go to pickup up her two older children in the village and bring them to Bangkok for about a month. It makes for a crowded apartment but it is good for them and us, especially Jaidan who likes to rough house with them.

Songkran is a crazy time in Thailand and if you plan to visit Thailand, it is good to experience Songkran if you can fit it in. Definitely a crazy time.



TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment