Tuesday, March 13, 2018

High Season Comes to an End

Today's song is: I Miss You  .. Clean Bandit


and how they made the video  ..


and a Clean Bandit Medley


April signals the end of High Season and brings with it SongKran, the annual water festival and the beginnings of the hot and humid rainy season. Today is March 13 and it has been an interesting high season, mainly due to the high numbers of Asian tourists, Indians, Koreans, Japanese, and lots of Chinese. I have a suspicion that high season may last a bit longer this year.

My buddy Shaun has a new teaching gig in Thailand and is looking forward to teaching some new topics such as a Math AP, starting up a weight lifting club, and embracing Thai life to the fullest. Shaun is entering this new phase of his life with a new hairdo, a buzz #1.  I never realized he had blue eyes as hi hair always drew your eyes. I think it is a good look for him and definitely a lot cooler in the tropics.


I am managing to get out one night a week with a buddy or two but I am looking forward to April when Thavorn's 2 older children Tai and Dun arrive for a month during their school holidays. Thavorn and I then get to go out together as we have baby sitters to look after Jaidan.  Thavorn, besides being my wife, is my best buddy  :-)  Tai and Dun look forward to visiting Bangkok and getting out of the dusty, boring village.

Thavorn, Jaidan, and I are also gearing up for our visit to Udon Thani and John and Fon's wedding in Fon's village. King Arthur is also coming and is very interested in visiting a village and seeing, firsthand where all the bar girls come from.  I just hope he behaves himself in the village  :-)

We just returned from Villa Market which first opened in 1974. The draw at Villa market is they carry a wide range of imported good such as Cheetos, Planters Salted Peanuts and many other of my favorites. Their prices are actually quite good especially when the Cheetos are on sale  :-)  We also bought some pork rind treats that Jaidan loves to wolf down.

Speaking of food, it is time to get serious about eating less as I seem to be gaining around the stomach.  More walking I guess is in order. lately, I have just been jumping on a motorcycle taxi. I think that has been the difference.

Congratulations to the Carleton Mens and Womens basketball teams with the Womens team winning the gold and the Mens team the bronze, which is the reverse of what happened March 2017. What a dynasty in the making!

TTYL


1 comment:

  1. A little zero on the top, 1 on the sides actually in that clownish photo. I don't plan to keep it so short that my scalp is visible. But it's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete