Saturday, February 24, 2018

Post #500

Today's song is: Jaidan dancing to tunes in the kitchen


I think this post is a milestone for a number of reasons. 500 posts are quite a lot and my son Jaidan turns 3 and a half years old at the end of February. If you were to ask me at the start of this Blog, back in November of 2014 what my life would look like 3 and a half years later I would not have pictured my current situation. Jaidan was born on July 31st of 2014 and my life changed dramatically as I became a parent, once again, at the ripe old age of 64.

I must admit, that it has occasionally been challenging at times but I am very happy to have Jaidan in my life. He is a little treasure and I have actually been able to use my degree in Child Psychology as I watch him develop from day to day. I am pretty sure he will take off after my first son Jaidan and be a challenge in the school system. These two have much in common. Must be Poppa's genes  :-)

Jaidan is growing like a weed as evidenced by his growth chart:

Jaidan does not have the normal helicopter parent parenting that my other two children enjoyed. He is exposed to many more germs, people, and the environs of Bangkok. His birthdays are noted, but celebrated in a small way. He received one gift from Thavorn and I at Christmas.  Much different but more along a Thai upbringing.  He does not lead a sheltered life!

Like his older bro Jordan, he loves to run and often takes off down the street much to Thavorn's chagrin.  He speaks both Thai and English, but I suspect he is better in Thai as he plays with Thai children. 

I am hoping my older children readily accept him as part of their family. He is hard to dislike and everyone on the soi loves him, from the 7/11 girls, motorcycle taxi men, street vendors, massage girls, and bar girls.  Sort of like growing up in a circus.

He loves music and has been going to Country Road on Soi Cowboy since he turned 1 year old. The band members always have a hello for Jaidan. He usually stays form 6 pm to 7:30 pm on a Friday night and then we head home for his bedtime book and lights out by 8:30.

Here are some random pics:

















































































TTYL

1 comment:

  1. In the video Jaidan is definitely dancing in a Thai villager style heh. Also you appear to be teaching some short blonde woman how to computer.

    ReplyDelete