Saturday, November 11, 2017

Saturday Night

Today's song is: Take a Bow  ... Rhianna


and Firework  .. Katy Perry


I had not been out and about for quite some time so I headed off by myself to play some pool and did manage to make it to Soi Cowboy but waylaid. I stopped off at Fanny's and bought a Heineken for my long time friend Sa who runs a food cart for girls working Cowboy. While there, a young Indian man sat down beside the girl who was chatting with me and ordered a coffee. Strange  ...

I was joking around with the girl who I know quit well and eventually asked the man if he was new to Bangkok and indeed he was. It turned out he has spent much of his time in England and was well versed in Europe and England as well as India.

He was quite personable and even knew about Russel Peters so we included him into our conversation. He was intrigued with me being an exPat and asked me if he could accompany me down to Country Road.  I said okay and we headed off to find all the pool tables busy so we sat and listened to the band.  After awhile I suggested that the band at Hillary 2 was much better and we jumped into a taxi and caught an early set.

Of course a trip to Nana is never complete without a stop at Twisters and Billboard and the Jacuzzi girls. After a drink in each bar I suggested that Cowboy would be awake and busy now so we jumped back in a taxi. Normally I would take a motorbike but the bandits were asking for a 100 baht for the trip when they usually charged 60.  I guess they figure they can gouge as it is high season.  The taxi was $50 baht whereas the motorbikes would have been 200 baht. It really helps to have a guide your first couple of trips to the LOS.

Back at Cowboy, we visited the Dollhouse and then Crazy House. Crazy House is just plain crazy at times. The door bouncer wanted 500 baht from my new Indian friend to just enter the place. I voiced my displeasure and he eventually relented and let him in.  It turns out he was acting on his bosses orders and the Boss would rather discourage Indians from enjoying Crazy House. I find that Crazy House has less and less of an appeal for me.

After one drink I decided to head home as I had promised Thavorn I would be back into 2 hours and I was gone for 5.  We exchanged LINE id's and I suggested next time he is back in Bangkok to give me a call.  He was most appreciative of the tour and education I gave him.


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment