Friday, May 12, 2017

Agoda

Today's song is: The Prayer  .. Charice and the Canadian Tenors


Expedia has market share in the west, but Agoda rules in Asia. I was fortunate to get invited to Agoda's workshop on using React. It was a 3 hour event where they showed a road map of where they are and where they want to be in a couple of years. They have over 1,000 developers worldwide which is massive for a travel app company. They have very ambitious plans both in Asia and the west. Their development head office is in Bangkok  :-)

The Agoda offices are in the Central World Shopping Center Plaza. I had never been to that shopping complex but I will be back. It would appear that it is the best shopping mall in Bangkok. Awesome selection of stores.

There is also an extensive above ground walk way between the Chitlom and Siam BTS stations so it is possible to walk from Central World Mall to Siam Paragon Mall, the top 2 malls in BKK. When I left the Agoda workshop I walked towards the Chitlom BTS station and passed the Erawan shrine that was the site of the bombing last year. I had never seen it before and it was quite busy and well lit up at night.


The Erawan Shrine, formally the Thao Maha Phrom Shrine (Thai: ศาลท้าวมหาพรหม; rtgs: San Thao Maha Phrom; "Shrine of Lord Brahma the Great"), is a Hindu shrine in Bangkok, Thailand, that houses a statue of Phra Phrom, the Thai representation of the Hindu god of creation Lord Brahma. A popular worship attraction, it often features performances by resident Thai dance troupes, who are hired by worshippers in return for seeing their prayers at the shrine answered.  from Wikipedia

Saturday I have some friends coming to my place for Italian night. Arthur is bring lasagna and I am cooking up a big batch of my spaghetti.  John is bring the red wine and I must remember to get some shredded cheese and a few baguettes.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment