Monday, February 6, 2017

Visa Application Submitted

Today's song is: Rock Your Body  and Can't Stop the fFeeling  .. Timberlake


I finally finished getting all the required documents in place in order to submit an application for a visitor's visa for Thavorn to visit Canada.  here is the list of documents I had to upload:

After going through this process I really do not see how your average Thai person would be able to submit an application online. You need a fair amount of computer expertise to scan documents and add them to a single PDF.  You also need a fair amount of record keeping over the years. Thais seem to live in the present so I am not sure how much record keeping they do.

I wonder at the expertise of the staff at the local visa application center in Bangkok. If I had been allowed to visit with Thavorn, it would have been interesting to observe it first hand. I suspect that is why a Thai person is not permitted to bring a friend or spouse along. Thais hate losing face.

The application process seems to take a week at this moment in space and time. The actual online process is well done and kudos to Immigration Canada for having a robust website and intuitive online process. But, then again, I am an IT professional. Your experience may vary.

While I was submitting the required documents I was listening to CNN on TV. I have decided that CNN reporters are full of themselves and color the news with their personal biases. They bring in their political pundits to reinforce their political beliefs.

The reason I was listening to CNN is they are attacking the president for trying to get a handle on the visas from countries are basically in chaos of sort or another. I really can't see people from these countries being able to come up with the documents I just delivered for Thavorn's visa. The far left liberals are out of control. They should check in with the Swedes to see how they are enjoying their new immigrants and how those immigrants have contributed to Sweden.

It is probably easier for a refugee with little educations and 5 kids in tow to get into a developed country than a regular visa applicant who is jumping through the hoops.

The high tech companies are now lobbying the US government stating they are being hurt by the visa travel ban. Honestly, I don't see Iran, Iraq, Yemen, Somalia, Libya, Sudan, and Syria as hotbeds of IT talent. Are they saying that the US is unable to develop the It talent nationally and they have to resort to importing talent from these 7 countries.  If so, it is time to 'Make America Great Again!' What a sad state of affairs for the greatest nation on earth!

I think the issue is that they get IT talent from these countries at a much lower salary. You get what you pay for!

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment