Saturday, October 31, 2020

Covid Coping

 Today's song is: Born to be Wild ... Steppenwolf

My last post talked about my methods for coping with Covid, which included exercising and purchasing a treadmill to enable wintertime runs.  The tread ill arrives today so I am anxiously awaiting it.

I have been a long time motorcyclist having purchased my first bike in 1969 which was a Triumph T120R Bonneville. I enjoyed that motorcycle immensely (despite crashing it) and it was stolen in the Fall of 69. All that remains is a Franklin Mint model:

My next bike was a Norton 750 that I bought about the early 70's. I kept it for a few years and then sold it.

Next up was a mid 70's Norton 850 that I kept during my university years. I ended up making a custom out it after disassembling it and then rebuilding it. I sold it in the early 80's.

Next up was a Honda NT 650 hawk that I bought in the early 90's when my kids were young. I sold it in the late 90's.

Next up was Yamaha FZ1, 1,000 CC rocket that I bought in 2006 and sold around 2013 as I was spending most of my time in Thailand. Top speed was 275 kph.

Now with Covid looking like it is sticking around for at least a couple of years I ordered the new Triumph Trident for delivery around Feb 1st  2021.

Apparently many people are ordering and becoming bikers as it is something that melds nicely with Covid and self isolating.

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment