Friday, October 25, 2019

Pattaya

Today's song is: Meatloaf  ... You Took the Words ...


I spent Monday night showing a 30 year old Italian man around Cowboy and Nana. He just recently started a 6 month sting at a high end hotel as a chef, specializing in duh, 'Italian dishes'.  It was his first night out and about and he was like a kid in a candy shop. Despite being very handsome and fit, the ladies were not willing to budge on price, despite this being low season. This is one large enigma with doing business in Thailand. In low season, they tend to jack up the price rather than lower it. Their thinking is, I have to charge more because I have fewer customers and I still have to eat and make my rent. Price elasticity is not taught in the Thai Schools of Economics  :-)

King Arthur was also out with us and Arthur and I decided to head off to Pattaya for 2 nights.  Pattaya was like a time warp back in 10 years and it was refreshing to hear the refrain of 'Handsome man, you buy drink for me?' Beers at 69 baht all night long were also easy to find. Factor in a resort town atmosphere, lack of pollution, and cooler ocean side temperatures and Pattaya may be seeing a lot more of me.

Meanwhile, Thavorn and Jaidan are enjoying their family time in Phuket and Phang Na. Lots of pics:

View from my room




Thavorn's Pics:






















I apologize for my poor pics but I was severely under the weather after my night out in Bangkok.

TTYL




No comments:

Post a Comment