Saturday, October 5, 2019

148 Days Left in the LOS

Today's song is: I Don't Want a Pickle  ... Arlo Guthrie


Why the countdown? No reason, as Thavorn would say, 'Why not.'.

I am a little bit bored as my expat friends are all unavailable. Harvey is in Hua Hin, John spends the weekends in Pattaya, Arthur and Shaun are disillusioned, and Mimmo is in Europe. My Singaporean friend Jimmy is around and I will join him for a few beers when Thavorn and Jaidan visit the village at the end of this month.

My U15 bball team is okay, but my star player is not playing due to fatigue. Go figure.

However, I am looking forward to getting back to Canada, getting Jaidan enrolled in March in 5 year old kindergarten, buying a car, and not sweating.

I am a bit disillusioned as well, mostly having to wake up each morning and make adjustments in our new software, mainly due to edge cases and feature creep. Lessons learned :-)

I have been in S.E. Asia now for 10 years, mostly in Thailand and perhaps it is time to go home. However, I do not go alone, but with a wonderful wife and son, and there is so much for them to see this time around.

We did purchase land in Thavorn's village and after 2 years we will start to build a build a house that will cost much less than $50,000. It is Thavorn's (and in some ways, Jaidan's) security blanket when I am no longer around. You always need a place to hang your hat.

I will be hanging my hat in Jaidan's house for the next couple of years. It should give us some quality time with Jordan and his partner Jess and give me a couple of years to decide what to do with the rest of my time.  It's good to have options :-)

I may even buy my last motorcycle.  I don't want a pickle, I just want to ride my motorcycle.  Arlo Guthrie.

TTYL


No comments:

Post a Comment