Sunday, July 14, 2019

50 days and Counting

Today's song is: Leaving on a Jet Plane  .. John Denver


It is 50 days until we are back in Thailand. We leave Ottawa on August 30th and spend that night and August 31st in Vancouver and then we fly out to Bangkok on September 1st, arriving on September 3rd (lost a day crossing the international dateline).  I am looking forward to it as both countries have their own unique qualities, but a mix is just better.

A big plus is we live much cheaper in Bangkok, $590 a month for apartment in Bangkok vs $1800 for an apartment in Ottawa. Living expenses are also a bit cheaper in Bangkok, but I tend to spend more on entertainment in the Big mango. That is to say, I have more fun in Bangkok. My usual saying is, "If you can't have fun in Bangkok, then there is something seriously wrong with you!'. Among other things, playing pool is one of my favorite things.

I also tend to spend more time working out in a gym in Bangkok, so I tend to be better fit. That is a trade off to more alcohol and air pollution  :-)

Some pics:


Jaidan and his buddy Spidey


Thavorn and her buddy Fon at my sister's lake



At the Thai festival at Landsdown Park


Just another selfie moment

TTYL

1 comment: