Saturday, June 22, 2019

Draft Time

Today's post is: Sucker  .. Jonas Bros


The NBA just held their draft. They do a better job of the draft than they do with their Championship coverage (In Oracle stadium). The athletes are great physical specimens.

Contrast that with the NHL draft. What struck me was how scrawny both of these kids are. Typical first rounders were 5'10" at 175 pounds. Contrast that with Chara, Thornton and others. Obviously it is better to have a big good player than a small good player. These kids ought to get themselves into a gym and start working out. Even soccer players make they look skinny.

Kawhi is still on the fence when it comes to where he will play next year. I hope he stays in Toronto as he is a breath of fresh air. I think the raptors could repeat if he is back.

We have about 2 more months in Canada before we head back to Thailand. I am starting to take care of some health items, such as vaccinations and dental work. Beware the shingles vaccination, it is evil. It made me feel over 80 for 3 days. Unfortunately I need the second dose before leaving Canada.  I am enjoying the benefits of my health plan as well as OHIP.

I am thinking of renting a car for the weekend and taking Thavorn and Jaidan to see Niagara falls. Probably sometime in August before we leave.

I also need to see a few more friends before departing. Wicked Wensley, Francis, and Mike Bond are right up there.

The weather seems to have turned a corner and most days are warm and sunny, which is not a bad thing. Thavorn and Jaidan have yet to venture into the pools but I have been hitting the fitness center in an attempt to remove my spare tire and replace it with a six pack.

TTYL

2 comments:

  1. Consider that the NHL players also tend to be teenagers, not 3rd or 4th year college players, who don't often go on to the NHL for a couple more years. And they are usually bigger than what you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Averages for all the teams:

    https://theathletic.com/210035/2018/01/12/sizing-up-the-nhl-2017-18-nhl-teams-by-age-height-and-weight/

    Saint Louis was the biggest team this year and won the Stanley Cup.

    ReplyDelete