Monday, November 12, 2018

Wow, Long Time No Post

Today's song is: Sunshine of Your Love  .. Cream


I have been very busy with basketball tournaments over the past 2 weekends, having played 12 games in 2 weekends.  I am meeting with some success finishing 3rd in U15 and 4th at a preseason Varsity tournament featuring the best teams in the International Schools League.

At times I make some stupid assumptions. One of my players was always getting his own ride to the tournaments and I asked him why his dad never came to watch him play and he said, 'That's not my dad, that's my driver'. Curious as always, I asked him how much they paid the driver and he stated only 5,000 baht a month. I too could have a driver if I had a vehicle to drive.

I think I have mentioned that you can get a live in housekeeper for 5,000 baht as well who will clean, cook, and shop for groceries. Of course she lives in a small room called the maid's quarters and eats some of you food. She gets to bank the whole 5,000 baht which she would consider a good deal.

5,000 baht is about $175 CDN.

Thavorn and Jaidan are still in the village after taking her two older children back for school. Thavorn knew I was very busy with basketball and they both prefer to be in the village when I am busy with coaching.

Some pics:


Tournament All-Star team. I have the shortest guy  :-)







My American friend Arthur singing at Country Road in Soi Cowboy


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment