Monday, September 24, 2018

Rain

Today's song is: Bus Stop  .. Hollies, 1966


Bangkok has seen a lot of rain lately and it is supposed to get lots of rain this week.  We are approaching the dry season so the rain should let up after this week.  Back home, Ottawa became Tornado alley as 2 tornadoes hit Ottawa on the same day and the stronger of the two knocked out one of the main Hydro Ontario sub stations so much of Ottawa was, and is, out of electricity.

Thavorn and Jaidan remain in the village and see to be enjoying themselves. The only person not enjoying herself is Thavorn's older daughter (12) who is spending lots of time sitting in the corner contemplating how 2 walls make a join. That is something she has learned from me and being time-outed seems to be working quite nicely. Definitely better than a whipping by a trimmed tree branch.

My birthday has come and gone. Last Saturday I had a dentist appointment and spent some time downtown. On Sunday, it was my birthday and I was downtown partying form 11 am to 11 pm. My lady friend Phai joined me from 3 pm onwards and we had fun bar hopping and chatting with the bar girls.  I will miss that when we are in Canada for 6 months.

The number of Chinese visitors seems to be decreasing but I expect that to change in October as there is a major Chinese holiday. The number of Indians traveling does not seem to be decreasing. Thai girls do not Indians too much and some bars refuse them entry. Not sure how they get away with that.


My lady friend Phai


My friends John and his wife Fon

I was out for dinner with my good friend John and his wife Fon. He lives close by at Central Plaza. We visited a Thai restaurant which is quite popular with Thais. As usual, once you are out of the tourist area, we were the only farangs in the place.  We enjoy that  :-)

My coaching is going well, although we did lose to the top team by 7 points.

TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment