Monday, January 8, 2018

Ashley Arrives and I Catch a Cold

Today's song is: Springsteen in Concert


Welcome to 2018! My buddy Ashley and his gf Brigette have arrived and have settled in to the same apartment building I live in. They were originally scheduled in for a month but family calls and they have to be with Brigette's mother in Cambodia by mid January. They are hoping to make up the 2 weeks later in their 4 month S.E. Asia odyssey.

Unfortunately, I came down with a bad cough, fever, and head cold and I am just starting to feel normal again. My friend Harvey has picked up the slack and he is touring them around Bangkok as they share a passion for photography.


Ashley getting smoked at 4 in a row  .. I never win either  ..


This tower game is interesting to watch  ..


Ploi, Thavorn's friend lands an Australian farang at Country Road  ..

I don't expect big changes in the LOS in 2018 but I am hoping the Canadian dollar appreciates more with the US dollar to get more of my purchasing power back. The Thai baht has also been appreciating to the US dollar which does not help much. At this moment $1 CDN = 26 baht, compared to 32 baht when I first arrived in Thailand.

I am feeling well enough to meet my buddy Mimmo who is on his last night in the Big Mango. It is always fun to go out with Mimmo who is an Italian citizen working for a Swiss multinational company, at least that is what he says, but I suspect he is really in charge of money laundering for S.E. Asia mafia  :-)

My other buddy Shaun heads back to Malaysia on the 10th to continue teaching at Sunway International School.

Jaidan and Thavorn are well.


TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment