Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Canine Conumdrum

Today's song is: Baby ... Clean Bandit


I must admit the way I view dogs now is quite differently than I viewed them before. Once a dog (or two in my case) decides to make a meal of you things change. I can't imagine how a child handles this. I used to think about petting dogs, and now I think about avoiding them.

I was at a local mall last night and these pics are quite common:



These dogs appear to be related and are sleeping in front of the mall. They belong to know one and people walk around them. This would not happen in Canada as someone would call and the pound would be around to pick them up.

A friend told me that when he was in Guatemala, the local cops would drive around in a pickup, shooting the strays and just leave them where they were shot and the locals disposed of them. 

Thavorn mentioned to me that it is not unusual be be charged 40,000 baht for kicking a dog in public. I can only assume this is because of their Buddhist religion and the dog is simply some unfortunate soul lower down on the wheel of life. I assume this is also why the local street vendors feed the rats on the street.

I finished my antibiotics yesterday and my puncture woulds seem to be healing okay, without infection. I receive my 3rd rabies shot this Saturday and hope to play some pool afterwards and indulge in a few pints at the same time.

On a lighter note, we are approaching 3 months in Thailand, our halfway point and I may start my countdown to Canada. We will visit the village for Christmas and New Years. Speaking o Christmas, our building put up some Christmas decorations.



meanwhile my bite at 6 days ...


TTYL


1 comment: