Sunday, May 6, 2018

Programmers Life

Today's song is: Creedence Clearwater Revival in Concert


A Great Band  .. Some Great Songs

I have been spending 16 hours a day coding for the past week. It takes its toll after awhile because some of it is simply monkey work but I have no junior programmer to hand it off to. I am it! The software architect, the database manager, the server maintenance guy, and the programmer and tester rolled into one person! Some people call that type of guy, the full stack developer.

If I was 27 and not not 67 I would be pulling down around $130,000 a year working for some company. Unfortunately, for some reason, companies don't think we older folks can get the job done and prefer to pay $130,000 to some guy out of college with no experience and dick all expertise in one of the areas I excel in.

Begs the question, why do I do it. Perhaps it is the love of a challenge. Perhaps it is seeing some of my products approaching 20 years in production and watching it like a baby growing up. It is a hobby and always will be. Some say programming is an art form that fights back and i tend to agree.  When I program, I am oblivious to the world around me.  I think that is why Thavorn and her children headed off to the village for some social life.

I just ate my supper  .. programmers fare:


I don't know why, when programming monkey code, I need to indulge in either a glass of red wine or a couple of shots of scotch  .. less pain I guess.

Meanwhile, back in the village, progress is being made.  The closest hamlet is Wichian Buri and it has sprouted a water park (funded by a smart farang), a Big C, and a KFC. The village itself, now has a pizza oven and turns out very good pizza. Must be another farang behind that venture. The pizza is very popular, especially with Jaidan.



Meanwhile .. at the water park  .. admission is only 50 baht!










Jaidan likes to spend the whole day at the park so we invested in a 50 SPA swim suit for him. Not that he burns, but Thavorn wants him to stay white  :-) Go figure  .. we like tans!

TTYL



No comments:

Post a Comment