Monday, April 9, 2018

Stranger in a Strange Land

Today's song is: Paint it Black  .. Time for a Stones favorite  :-)


The seminal work by Robert Heinlein was perhaps 'Stranger in a Strange Land'. When you first visit S.E. Asia you often feel this way. After the years pass you buy, not so much.

Jaidan has had another occurrence of Pneumonia and is spending a few days in a Thai hospital while his lungs clear up. I am not sure what causes pneumonia, probably a virus. Better ask Google.

This is his second bout of pneumonia in Thailand and like before we use a mid range Thai hospital rather the exorbitant Bumrungrad's and Samtivej's that many expats they need to utilize. Of course helps to have a Thai speaking spouse to talk to the staff, but the doctors can get bye in English for the most part.

Our previous stays in Kluaynamthai Hospital were for Jorda's pre natal care, birth and previous pneumonia. In those stays we used private rooms at quite reasonable prices of about 3,000 baht. For some reason, Thavorn opted for a children's ward (no cost for Jaidan as he is Thai) which I found interesting. At the same time, I felt quite comfortable in a very Thai setting so perhaps I am no longer a stranger, although Thais still see me as one, outside of my usual haunts.

Tomorrow Jaidan sees a doctor whose specialty is allergies and I think that is good as I believe his pneumonia was brought on my a continuous flow of mucous into his lungs over the period of a couple of weeks. He was always stuffed up from about 9 pm to 9 am.

In the meantime I am home having performed the day shift at the hospital. My good friend Phai came to visit during the afternoon and brought Jaidan some yummies.

Here are some pics:





Jaidan's 'comfort animal' Dog  :-)






Meanwhile back in Canada, not an April Fool's Joke!



TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment